All Discussions Tagged 'Anthropology' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Social Contribution of Cultural Anthropology

Hi, everyone, I am a Cultural Anthropology student and currently working as a research assistant in a university for a professor of social…

Started by Yat Hang Chan

22 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by John McCreery

Are we ready for The Lively Science?

This thread grows out of an earlier discussion started by Huon Wardle, Whatever Happened to 'Social Science'? In that thread several of us…

Started by John McCreery

96 Nov 16, 2015
Reply by Keith Hart

Can a government decide over the woman body?

Can a government decide over the woman body? Protected Areas explores the reaction to the spanish government’s propose to modified to chang…

Started by Victoria Herranz

0 Aug 11, 2014

Cultural Anthropology Applied to the Biblical Text

I recently posted a paper that might be of interest to some members of OAC. "Genesis in Anthropological Perspective" demonstrates how appl…

Started by Alice C. Linsley

0 Jun 9, 2014

Why are anthropologists such solitary creatures?

In my own case, I recall being a nerd. I was overweight and short-sighted, did well in school, hated sports, and was always on the margins…

Started by John McCreery

57 Jan 21, 2013
Reply by John McCreery

ANTHROPOLOGY AND BUSINESS

For over 30 years I did cross-cultural seminars for Fortune 500 companies and foreign businessmen wanting to know how to do business with A…

Started by Eugene L. Mendonsa

12 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Seba RP

Kant, Hegel, Marx...or Hume?

Our founder, Keith Hart, has suggested that when we look for intellectual ancestors for what we, as anthropologists, do, we take Kant as ou…

Started by John McCreery

2 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by John McCreery

The Unfamiliar : New Journal & Exhibition @ Edinburgh University

Hey guys,   I thought i'd tell you about a project I have been working on at Edinburgh. Apologies for the marketing bumf language, i've bee…

Started by Luke Buckley

0 Feb 21, 2011

Science and Anthropology

Redefining Anthropology. Is the redefining of anthropology a "good" thing when we live in a science-centric academic world where money and…

Started by Simeon Magliveras

2 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Simeon Magliveras

Do you want to know more about business anthropology?

Business anthropology professors at Wayne State University define business anthropology as applying anthropological theories and practices…

Started by Robert Guang Tian

0 Nov 13, 2010

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service